- Little: I want to see this film for a few good reasons. One, it’s starring Issa Rae from The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl and Marsai Martin from black-ish. It is about an arrogant CEO who gets turned into a younger version of herself. I couldn’t stop howling during the trailer because it was so darn funny.
2. Roma: Alfonso Cuaron is both the director and cinematographer for this film. The last film I saw directed by him was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, so I can’t wait to see this incredible film. There are few words spoken in the trailer, but the silence, combined with the beautiful music and black and white film shots, speak volumes.
3. Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Normally I have seen Melissa McCarthy playing in comedy films such as Bridesmaids and The Boss, but I can’t wait to see her perform in this intense drama. Also, I didn’t realize this until I saw the trailer a second time, but it has an instrumental version of one of my favorite songs (Bob Moses’ “Tearing Me Up”).
4. Cold War: I love a lot of historical dramas, so this one is definitely on my list of films to see. It also got a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes.
5. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: I meant to see this when it came out, but never got around to it. I love Eddie Redmayne’s acting and Harry Potter, too, so I really want to see this film.
6. RBG: A clever play on rapper The Notorious B.I.G., this documentary features long-time Supreme Court judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg killing it in the male-dominated realm of law.